Heron Lake Plateau Can't live without them, can't kill them with an axe
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Quixote had been part of those that thought maybe the search for Ceara was overblown.  Okay, now in hindsight all the searching was a good idea, but honestly...  How often could the pack afford to do this?  Would every time someone left and got distracted by the grass being greener on the other side now result in the pack pulling out the stops to search for them?  At least this time foul play really was obviously involved, but still.  Was everyone ready to start this whole hellish process again?  What happened if they found nothing this time?

Ceara's disappearance didn't have any clues.  It was a complete mystery, but this time we know there is a danger. And close.  And hell, Tegan went crashing over into Blackfeather without any of us having a word about it or being able to help, which definitely wouldn't have been my choice, and we still don't know what actually happened to her.  He could have just vanished and died and we'd be none the wiser if it was them or an act of nature!  If we're doing this again so soon, we're doing it right, we're doing it safe.  If Ambrose is injured out there, he probably hasn't gone too far.  As I said, I'm going back to go look for now.  When I get back, if there's still no clues, we can figure out a methodical way to search things that isn't people running off chasing leads that could get them killed.  She was allowed to be irritated, but really, if the way Ceara had been searched for was now coloring every potentially missing wolf, it had been too much. There had to be limits sometime, and perhaps he should have argued for Raven to not put so much into searching for a wolf they didn't know was actually in trouble... But then he would have looked awful when it turned out she was kidnapped.  The whole thing was a disaster.

You want to get things rolling early for the rest of the pack?  Go talk to Towhee, get her to send X out again.  But you specifically shouldn't be out there until you're in the right frame of mind, and I don't want you to goddamn find the opposite of what you're looking for on your own, too far for the rest of us to be there for you.  Maybe he was being a little bit too sharp, but whatever.  He needed to get that point across.