The Tangle you're on fire like, "i feel like i'm gonna explode any moment"
35 Posts
Ooc — JB
His voice has the intended effect of causing distress, he knows it. He feels it, and is overwhelmed by a swell in his ego and a vile, twisting grin sets itself across his blunt face. He pauses when the stranger does, and there is a preternatural silence slipping through the trees again; as if the voice had not been uttered, as if the wolf and the beast had not crossed paths at all. The cat begins to move again - and the silence persists, because he has had many years to hone his stalking. He may not know exactly where the wolf is waiting in the dark but he can still hunt, and the thick scent of dog twists through the trees. It grows thick, like someone wearing too much cheap cologne, to the point where the cat knows he's close but cannot be certain exactly - not without movement. Dogs were such messy things, such chaotic creatures -- but this one, this one Zugzwang could find a use for.

His voice beckons from the shadows, Tsk, silly pup, waiting in the dark for me. That was fun, he supposed. But the last wolf he had encountered did not fare well, and the one before that, who fought back -- Come, pup, lets play a game -- and without missing a beat he let out a deathly shriek like that of a human woman, high pitched and terrible, which caught among the trees and echoed through the twisting corridors of the maze.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you're on fire like, "i feel like i'm gonna explode any moment" - by Zugzwang - November 17, 2018, 11:36 PM