Barrow Fields i was lost in the cities, alone in the hills
420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
He couldn't remember. But when she began listing what it could've been, his body thrummed with an adrenaline spike upon hearing the word cat; he took the sensation to mean that he was done answering questions. Maybe her closing of the proximity between them - to sniff at his wounds - was a factor as well. His fur bristled and he huffed softly while side-stepping for more space.

Then, her comment. Firefly couldn't remember ever being near the ocean; he didn't know if he'd ever seen it up close, although through his most recent travels he had found the beach and traipsed along the sand. None of it was familiar. He knew the terms - he knew to say ocean when talking about an endless span of water, or beach when the dirt fell away to smaller particles; yet he had no memory of such spaces.

He turned his head to mimic her actions when she looked towards the distant sea, and saw the dark band on the horizon that he assumed were dark clouds - but with the haze of his dimming eye effectively smudging his ability to see long distance, he gave up. His gaze turned sharp and he narrowed his eyes at her for a second — Oh.
Messages In This Thread
i was lost in the cities, alone in the hills - by Caiaphas - December 12, 2018, 03:43 PM
RE: i was lost in the cities, alone in the hills - by RIP Firefly - December 12, 2018, 07:12 PM