Lost Creek Hollow and it gets me down
starin’ up at where
the moon should be
63 Posts
Ooc — Laur
DJ. She smiled and her wagging intensified, unintentionally inching closer. She wondered sometimes how her name had become those two syllables, having no concept of letters herself nor the cognitive maturity to condense Deshyr and Junior in such a way, but she had never questioned it before, and now she seemed only happy to be addressed at all. She looked up as he mentioned the sky.

Now that he mentioned it... it did kind of suck that she couldn't see the stars or the moon. But lately, things had been feeling like there weren't stars or a moon to begin with. It was like they'd been missing ever since leaving the Sunspire. And how could she miss something she didn't think existed anymore?

Her ears flicked when Terance spoke again, and she avoided his evergreen gaze a little sheepishly, even as she came to sit beside him. "I couldn't sleep," she sighed, her shoulders rising and falling with subtle drama, and just like Terance, she only told a half-truth; unwilling to mention that her father's slow, groaning recovery and her mother's incessant worrying over him was what had driven her from the den that night.

She had previously been able to withstand it, and had made it through the worst of Rannoch's return to form already, but... it was getting harder and harder for her to see him out of commission, and her mother out of it by extension. Wisteria had disappeared, and Remi was quieter by the day. Deshyr had more weighing on her than she dared let herself think about, and she suppressed a shudder from an inner chill than ran through her. Without truly thinking about it, she suddenly asked: "d'you think it's harder for us to sleep when we can't see the stars?"
Messages In This Thread
and it gets me down - by Terance - December 23, 2018, 12:12 PM
RE: and it gets me down - by Deshyr - December 23, 2018, 12:28 PM
RE: and it gets me down - by Terance - December 23, 2018, 12:36 PM
RE: and it gets me down - by Deshyr - December 23, 2018, 01:12 PM