Heron Lake Plateau Just talk to me, like lovers do
Do No Harm
56 Posts
Ooc —
If she'd been joking at all, it had gone over Finbar's head, so he nodded happily in response to her question. Did that mean that she felt touched by his gesture? Was he winning some brownie points with the pack? If he wanted to be an ambassador, he'd have to really hone his skills at making peace with others, and he wanted to believe that he was doing well right here- that is, until a bird swooped in and grabbed the rabbit. 

He hadn't seen or heard it coming, and flinched with surprise as it landed on Towhee's shoulder.  He bounded forward one step- afraid it was only there to steal Towhee's rabbit- only to freeze, slipping slightly on the loose snow, as the landed on Towhee's shoulder. He balked not because he immediately figured the two were friends (as the very idea of that was waaay out in left field for him still) but because he knew that Towhee could likely thump his chubby ass if he was overstepping his boundaries...He'd step in to help her get rid of it if she struggled. 

What confused Finbar further- and almost adorably so, given the fact that it caused him to tilt his head, drop his lower jaw and oggle the bird with wide, jade eyes- was the fact that Towhee didn't seem alarmed by the bird. She did react strangely; her mouth worked, and she jostled and shimmied her legs this way and that, but he didn't catch any of the words she mouthed, as he was too distracted by what was going on. Was she trying to shake it off? No, her motions looked too deliberate- and once they stopped, she simply regarded him, accepting the feathered bird on her shoulder, and instead turning the focus on him. 

He looked from the intense glare of the hawk, back to Towhee whose gaze was, discouragingly, as intense as the hawk's. He looked back to the hawk, and then back to Towhee. Something didn't compute. "You, uhm...You have a..." He said, gesturing with one large forefoot "Bird...On your shoulder?" He said. Instinct told him to pounce and scare it off- and he remained in the half crouch, half playbow where he'd stopped so suddenly moments ago, willing to follow her lead on this, but still completely baffled all the while.
Messages In This Thread
Just talk to me, like lovers do - by Finbar - December 31, 2018, 11:04 AM
RE: Just talk to me, like lovers do - by Towhee - December 31, 2018, 02:22 PM
RE: Just talk to me, like lovers do - by Finbar - December 31, 2018, 05:45 PM
RE: Just talk to me, like lovers do - by Towhee - December 31, 2018, 06:51 PM
RE: Just talk to me, like lovers do - by Finbar - January 01, 2019, 05:51 PM
RE: Just talk to me, like lovers do - by Towhee - January 01, 2019, 09:36 PM
RE: Just talk to me, like lovers do - by Finbar - January 02, 2019, 12:45 PM
RE: Just talk to me, like lovers do - by Towhee - January 02, 2019, 08:59 PM
RE: Just talk to me, like lovers do - by Finbar - January 02, 2019, 11:03 PM
RE: Just talk to me, like lovers do - by Towhee - January 02, 2019, 11:10 PM
RE: Just talk to me, like lovers do - by Finbar - January 02, 2019, 11:24 PM