Lost Creek Hollow Sir, you have no call to get snippy with me!
53 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Though they didn't hibernate, porcupines were still more or less sleepy, slow-moving things in the winter; even moreso when they had to wade through the snow. Joss found the porcupine's tracks leading into the pack's territories and he hastened to catch up with it, hoping he'd track it down before it could climb up a tree. It was a decent sized creature, from what he could tell from its tracks- it dragged its feet through the snow, as porcupines always did, what with their low carriage- and there was a good trail leading right down the middle of its tracks from where its heavy tail dragged. He was sure he could track it down. 

Of course, catching up with a porcupine was no big deal; the tracks were fresh and the creature moved so slowly that he had caught up with it within a half of an hour of finding its trail in the snow. Upon catching sight of the wolf, it began to make a beeline for a tree- but at a snail's pace. Joss intrecepted its route and it began to grind its teeth together as a warning to the curious, hungry wolf. It turned its back to him and puffed out its quills as a warning. Joss had hunter porcupines before- and knew that the only vulnerable places on it were its face and its underside...And to get to its underside, he'd have to go for its face. 

Unfortunately, though porcupines were slow, the ornery creature could still whip itself around fast enough to stick Joss' shoulder and cheek with a few sets of quills before he could grab a hold of its face. He let out a high pitched shriek and staggered away from the creature- glad that the quills had missed his eye, but he'd managed to get at least 10 embedded in his cheek and another 15 or so in his shoulder. He continued to cay-yay for a few minutes as he watched the porcupine saunter off with a dour, pouty gaze as he sat still, trying to figure out a plan for the removal of the twenty-something-odd quills he now had stuck in his left side.
Messages In This Thread
Sir, you have no call to get snippy with me! - by Joss - January 04, 2019, 08:32 PM
RE: Sir, you have no call to get snippy with me! - by Joss - January 06, 2019, 08:16 PM
RE: Sir, you have no call to get snippy with me! - by Joss - January 08, 2019, 01:32 PM
RE: Sir, you have no call to get snippy with me! - by Joss - January 09, 2019, 04:14 PM
RE: Sir, you have no call to get snippy with me! - by Joss - January 14, 2019, 01:03 PM
RE: Sir, you have no call to get snippy with me! - by Joss - January 22, 2019, 07:30 PM
RE: Sir, you have no call to get snippy with me! - by Joss - January 30, 2019, 04:58 PM
RE: Sir, you have no call to get snippy with me! - by Joss - February 12, 2019, 04:42 PM
RE: Sir, you have no call to get snippy with me! - by Gannet - February 14, 2019, 02:01 AM
RE: Sir, you have no call to get snippy with me! - by Joss - February 17, 2019, 01:41 PM