Totoka River if given a knife and a hand in which to hold it, the mind would eventually eat itself
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
The shoreline was grey and seemed to shimmer in the chill of the winter morning. There was a brisk wind, familiar to any proper oceanside, that buffeted Embry as he progressed along the sandy strand. He had awoken earlier in the day than usual, and so his only viable activity to employ himself with was patrolling this wild land he called home.

He was moving carefully but with a particular intent to reach the inlets of the Sealion Shores when he first spotted a potential intruder. It wasn't hard to detect the dark coat against such light ochres. Immediately, he felt an overwhelming sense of hostility - not so much towards the wolf itself but the reason for which it was even near Stormrift's territory. 

With a grunt, he started into a smooth stride; tail raised and flowing like a banner as he moved. As he neared, he slowed his pace and scanned the male, searching for scars or any telltale sign of trouble. He would try to avoid an outright attack, but if need be he was more than prepared.

"Who goes there?" He called, noting now the lean build of the male he encountered. "And what permits you to trespass on our bit of paradise?" Embry could smell the scent of other wolves faintly on him, though it eluded him as to what pack in particular he originated from. Nevertheless, Embry stood on the edge of the river steadily and gazed with a pacific charm at the newcomer.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
RE: if given a knife and a hand in which to hold it, the mind would eventually eat itself - by Embry - January 05, 2019, 04:32 PM