Wheeling Gull Isle he left it dead, and with its head he went galumphing back
167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
it still felt like a dream, even as Currituck ran toward her, sending the sand flying. only when she had her daughter in her embrace did she know it was for real--everything, for real! the tears hot on her cheeks, quickly cooling on the winter air; the sweet scent of the girl, now laced with salt; the aura of home that surrounded them suddenly, even though they were far from the glacier.

home was where family was. she didn't have everyone back, yet--but thank god, at least she had Currituck.

oh, my baby, Tahani whispered hoarsely, rocking slightly on her paws in rhythm with her pounding heart. my sweet baby. my Tatik. this continued for a short while before she finally trailed off, words becoming inadequate for what she felt. she sniffled, blinking the remainder of the tears away, and finally pulled back with a beaming smile.

Takiyok was here? she asked, ears pushed forward atop her head. the others? Shivali, Siarut, your cousins. . .? Currituck was old enough now that she didn't feel the question was too demanding, though she was afraid to overwhelm the girl, so soon into their reunion.
Common · Inuttut
Messages In This Thread
RE: he left it dead, and with its head he went galumphing back - by Tahani - January 10, 2019, 09:43 PM