Banned
92 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
Away
@Miriam <3
Setting Few days after this huhu
Time Dawn, 1/16
Including @Revia, written by me.

He didn't know how to explain it. One moment, his eyes bore into the endless, harried depths of the winter river, waiting. The next, his attention was northbound, drawn by some abysmal anguish that had seized at his heart in a grip like desperation; something desolate that drifted through its chambers. It was as if his spirit had arced back, answering the thrum with the arrival of his own soul.

He couldn't explain it, and it wasn't an easy thing to shrug off. But he allowed it, uneasily, to nest in the back of his mind, murmuring on the edges, before turning his gaze back to the moment at hand. 

The dark river waters gave cause for his reflection to tremble, and the pale wanderer set his jaw with a tad of impatience. He'd come here to ruminate on his own time, to think of @Wintersbane and his Vartija. The only thing holding Vonn back was his own doubts; the doubt of never finding Aure again, alive as she might yet be, might be further hindered if he did end up accompanying the sotherra north. What if she was south, as south as could be, and he'd missed an entire opportunity to seek her there?

So lost in his troubles was he that he almost didn't budge when a rosy, dark head besmirched his ivory replica in the torrents before him, before he knew it to be Revia. Distractedly, he nodded to her in greeting as she clambered to the stones alongside him. "Find anything?"

The ruddy otter rubbed at her eyes, body sleek with river-water as she sniffled up into his scarred face, "Not yet. I doubt we'll go hungry tonight." Her heavy tail dragged along the crags in thought, before peering closer at him, "I know you're hesitant on it, but Wintersbane makes an intriguing proposal. ...I can tell how much you've missed the real north, melnā, so why not migrate there? Why the sea?"

Vonn met the gaze of his familiar, pale brow narrowing in thought... but he couldn't answer that. Not quite, not yet. Nonetheless, he opened his mouth to reply, but instead caught the scent of another draug on the soft winds. Ears feathering back in hesitance, he cast his silvered gaze about, wary.
Messages In This Thread
for i feel the gripe of the woody nightshade - by Vonnaruil - January 16, 2019, 02:34 AM