Phoenix Maplewood Once again the Bearer of bad news
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
The silence stretched on, causing the aching to deepen. Why couldn't he ever figure this out? The comforting part of dealing with others. Was it because he failed to even consider himself? He didn't know what to say, what to do. Should be hug her? Apologize? He wasn't sure if either would help at all. Finally she spoke and he felt a sudden hysteric bark of laughter pop out of his maw. Unfortunate. What an understatement. He felt his eyes moisten at the question about Faye and exhaled slowly "She'll be cared for by me and the women of Elysium. She is loved. I will do my best" the declaration sounded empty to even his own ears. His best never had been enough so why would it be now?

"Des.....how long are you going to stay here?" the question blurted quite suddenly from his maw but he continued anyway "It's growing colder. Everyone who was here is either dead or elsewhere. You are trying to keep something alive that...that has really been long dead. It hurts me to say this but Morningside isnt gonna happen. If you really feel the need to be loyal to it, then come back to Elysium with me. Me, Aliac and Pema are Morningside, not...not this empty lonely place" he let it all out on the shoulders of another like he always did. He didn't really believe what he said fully, he still naively clung to Morningside but he also was tired of it. "You have already proven to be loyal Desdemona. Please stop. I'm scared for you. Come to Elysium with me, stay with us until I figure out what the future holds. If you can't do that then please...please go somewhere else. Do something for you. I don't want to lose another friend"
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Messages In This Thread
Once again the Bearer of bad news - by Sunny - January 14, 2019, 06:00 PM
RE: Once again the Bearer of bad news - by RIP Desdemona - January 14, 2019, 07:26 PM
RE: Once again the Bearer of bad news - by Sunny - January 14, 2019, 07:39 PM
RE: Once again the Bearer of bad news - by RIP Desdemona - January 20, 2019, 02:38 PM
RE: Once again the Bearer of bad news - by Sunny - February 07, 2019, 11:05 AM