The Sunspire Allow me to fulfill my duty
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
An sharp ear swiveled in the direction of Zafina's voice, and his snout followed suit. Corvus listened to her advice and nodded, appreciating the input. He knew how to hunt of course, and he wasn't terrible at it, but small game were tricky catches for him. He found large game easier, but that was perhaps because it was a joint effort that required strength and endurance — familiar skills, as opposed to catlike stealth and nimbleness.

I must kill a red squirrel, specifically. It's for a task, He explained, eyes already scanning the vicinity for any other potential meals. She branched off from him, going her own way through the trees to find her own prey. Corvus took a different route with his nose to the ground. After a while of silent tracking, it led him to another red-furred rodent. He slowed to a stop, observing more closely this time. It was preoccupied with digging up a little cache of its own, which proved to be a difficult task for such a small creature with how tightly-packed the snow was. Even after getting past that layer, it was a matter of clawing through the ice-hardened ground to get to its stash. Bad timing, rodent.

This was his opportunity. He lowered his body, creeping closer on stilt-like legs. Any moment the squirrel wasn't busy digging away at its cache was a moment Corvus was still as a statue. Flame-colored eyes burned into his quarry, and his muscles tightened. Then, he pounced, snagging the creature in his jaws. It was over in an instant with a sickening crunch. A wave of smug pride washed over him then, and it showed in his gait as he pranced over to Zafina with his prize dangling from his jaws by the tail.

Setting it down, he asked, What did you find?
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
Messages In This Thread
Allow me to fulfill my duty - by Corvus - January 16, 2019, 06:48 PM
RE: Allow me to fulfill my duty - by Zafina - January 19, 2019, 10:33 AM
RE: Allow me to fulfill my duty - by Corvus - January 19, 2019, 07:44 PM
RE: Allow me to fulfill my duty - by Zafina - January 27, 2019, 05:32 PM