Snowforest Taiga Mind wrapped in darkness
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
All Welcome 
She was falling. Cadeau reached her paws up to grab for a foothold, anything that would save her from the bottomless abyss below. Her jaws opened as she cried out for help but no sound got passed her lungs as she crashed into a large mass of raging water. The sounds of howls met her ears rather than the churning moans of the river, all around her in the darkness she could see glowing golden eyes, black forms somehow weaving about without a single struggle. Cadeau flailed her paws about, she widened her eyes as panicked thoughts consumed her mind. No! Get away from me! I'm not one of you! Cadeau managed to break the surface of the water however above her a wave loomed, shaped with distinctly sharp ears and a long muzzle. There was no escaping it as it slammed itself down, forcing her back under...

She woke up in a cold sweat, Cadeau jerking like a doll with strings. She expected to find herself washed up on some riverbank but instead she was safely snuggled beneath the furled roots of a old giant tree in the forest. She shivered, catching her breath as she assured herself it was all a bad dream. Cadeau closed her eyes, brows furrowed tightly at her forehead. It wasn't the first time she had a nightmare since setting out into the wilderness, it must be all the stress the new lifestyle was giving her. It even followed her into the realms of dreams. Cadeau forced herself to stand up, now that it was night it would be a good time to go find some supper. She shook her fur out after stretching her stiff muscles, the cold outside the protective embrace of the tree's roots was not one she was looking forward to facing. With one last steadying breath to quell the rabid beating of her heart, Cadeau stepped outside and began to scout out possible locations to find food.
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
Messages In This Thread
Mind wrapped in darkness - by Cadeau - January 18, 2019, 10:17 PM
RE: Mind wrapped in darkness - by Dawn - January 18, 2019, 11:06 PM
RE: Mind wrapped in darkness - by Cadeau - January 18, 2019, 11:13 PM
RE: Mind wrapped in darkness - by Dawn - January 18, 2019, 11:25 PM
RE: Mind wrapped in darkness - by Cadeau - January 18, 2019, 11:31 PM
RE: Mind wrapped in darkness - by Dawn - January 18, 2019, 11:44 PM
RE: Mind wrapped in darkness - by Cadeau - January 19, 2019, 12:19 AM