Heron Lake Plateau You're all cops
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Quixote was pretty proud of his family when you got right down to it, but he wasn't the kind of guy who'd corner someone and show them like a billion random pictures of his kids and just not shut up about them -- he had to make sure that all his responsibilities were covered.  And there were still some things that he wasn't going to mention to just anyone.  Some fell into the category of "dude, you don't need to know that" and others into the category of stuff that Qui wished he could forget.  There were always downs to counter the ups.  Not always been easy, but it was something I think I'd always wanted.  Not always been easy, not always expected.  Things seem to have a tendency to go a little crazy around here in unexpected ways sometimes, so my mate, Raven, stepped down to focus more on caring for them.  But they'll be in the adult ranks with the rest of us soon enough.  Time flies. They're a good bunch, but I'm biased -- they're maybe a little goofy at times, though. And then hopefully Raven would join him back as alpha again, dammit.

He listened to Rye tell his story, but the then the topic shifted and Qui forgot what he was going to ask, distracted by the pack's history.  Yep, everyone had to have some sort of skeleton in their closet, didn't they?  Even packs.  Blackfeather was a good boogeyman, far enough away now that they weren't as big of a threat, but still something you had to think about.  He nodded, restrained, Yeah, Blackfeather Woods, though I'm not sure if they're still around or not.  Our pack used to be at a place called Redhawk Caldera -- I think they were our nearest neighbors at the time, just to make it worse.  Their members were being all kind of awful, attacking folks in just about any pack for no reason, even kidnapping them -- including Raven's sister who's leading over at Firebirds now.  We teamed up with her pack at the time, attacked Blackfeather and drove them out of their forest.  After a while they came back so we left instead.  We'd hoped this'd be far enough that they wouldn't bug us any more, but they've reared their ugly head a few more times but it's been a while now... Maybe they'll stay gone.  He hoped so.  They weren't in a good position to do that all again, both in members and in distance.  He wasn't putting any of his pups through a war if he had any say in it.  Okay, there were a few other kind of questionable packs but he didn't actually expect trouble from them, Quixote just wasn't sure he totally trusted them to be reliable.
Messages In This Thread
You're all cops - by Quixote - January 29, 2019, 01:34 AM
RE: You're all cops - by Rye - February 12, 2019, 09:17 PM
RE: You're all cops - by Quixote - February 22, 2019, 01:20 AM
RE: You're all cops - by Rye - March 08, 2019, 09:16 PM
RE: You're all cops - by Quixote - March 14, 2019, 11:57 PM
RE: You're all cops - by Rye - March 27, 2019, 05:16 PM
RE: You're all cops - by Quixote - April 06, 2019, 05:08 PM
RE: You're all cops - by Rye - May 15, 2019, 12:15 PM
RE: You're all cops - by Quixote - May 26, 2019, 08:26 PM
RE: You're all cops - by Rye - May 28, 2019, 01:27 PM
RE: You're all cops - by Quixote - June 09, 2019, 06:47 PM