Hushed Willows [festival] if my heart were a turntable
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Gannet couldn't help but bristle slightly at Charon's threats, even if they were delivered with the assurance he wouldn't be acting on them.

From where he stood, he had stuck well enough. He'd repaid what his life was worth, because if his life had been worth so little while he was there, there wasn't much to repay. And if he'd stayed to the point that his life was worth nothing, then there would have been no point in even trying anymore.

A prisoner can't be a friend. He said plainly, his voice sure. Maybe now they could have been friends, but never while he was there not of his free will. He'd realized after he left that even his friendship with Hydra had needed this - it was better when both got to choose. Otherwise how did he know they really wanted to be his friend?

But if Charon's actions before had seated him firmly in the not friend category, his words and actions now kept him there unequivocably. The mention of his family was just another nail in that coffin - he was so tired of their opinions based on a single member. A member he'd apologized enough for.

Without another word, Gannet turned and departed as well, the opposite way. He wondered what Charon would tell Hydra, and what she would think. He wished he'd been able to visit her before this, but there was no changing it now.
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
(Most thread titles come from Into the Fire from the Scarlet Pimpernel)
Messages In This Thread
[festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - February 20, 2019, 12:26 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - February 22, 2019, 02:19 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - February 23, 2019, 12:57 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - March 02, 2019, 03:40 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - March 04, 2019, 01:40 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - March 05, 2019, 05:44 AM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - March 06, 2019, 09:07 AM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - March 09, 2019, 04:07 PM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Gannet - March 10, 2019, 11:12 AM
RE: [festival] if my heart were a turntable - by Charon - March 10, 2019, 04:38 PM