Permafrost Hollows you cannot swallow a life that large
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Faeryn fell silent as Wintersbane filled the quietude with his speech, of how best to be an alpha, how to admit when you were not as fit to lead as you once were, and it was this statement that forced her lips part again; eager to share what little knowledge she had on the subject. There was something particularly pleasing to the siren about maintaining a conversation - an odd statement, but true nonetheless. Undersea had grown quieter over the moons, and none of her past packs had aided in boosting her skill at conversational topics. To speak with the tundrian was, admitedly, refreshing.

"I helped lead on the island, once," the former Ahklut mused, gaze whisking away toward the mist as it curled around her forelimbs like a ribbon of dusty white. "For a time beta, then alpha, but we eventually stopped using the traditional ranks and called the four leaders the council - I was still part of it at the time." A fracture of her heart longed to watch the rolling waves again, dipping and rising in shivers of fathomless cerulean, but the prospect of seeking her purpose was of the utmost importance. Her endless journey. "I had a high rank for a long time, but when I got really sick, I knew it was best to step down. Can't say it didn't wound my pride just a little bit, but-" a whisp of a soft laugh cascaded from her tongue before continuing, "I think it was the right thing to do. I hope it was. Another wolf took my place." She hadn't known Moorhen particularly well, but if she had Seelie and Stockholm's respect, then she could claim the Renoda's, too.

As for sickness - maybe not what most figures would conjure in their mind at the word after listening to her explanation of what had occured, but perhaps her mentor could weedle such information from her at another time.

Pixie-ears swivelled back to attention as the naturalist's focus was snatched from her thoughts, chin dipping in a nod once more. "Let's hope so." She'd hate to see all this planning and preparation go to waste, and she'd rather not have to relocate (not to say she'd abandon the troupe) - with any hope, the sotaherra was correct. Faeryn liked it here, and she liked Wintersbane, too; not only did he show appealing leadership qualities, but his company was simply nice.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
Messages In This Thread
you cannot swallow a life that large - by RIP Wintersbane - February 21, 2019, 06:08 AM
RE: you cannot swallow a life that large - by Faeryn - February 21, 2019, 06:28 AM
RE: you cannot swallow a life that large - by Faeryn - February 21, 2019, 07:06 AM
RE: you cannot swallow a life that large - by Faeryn - February 22, 2019, 09:34 AM
RE: you cannot swallow a life that large - by Faeryn - February 23, 2019, 01:11 PM
RE: you cannot swallow a life that large - by Faeryn - March 03, 2019, 07:01 AM
RE: you cannot swallow a life that large - by Faeryn - March 04, 2019, 12:57 PM