Neverwinter Forest you became the light on the dark side of me
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
@Feyre ❤ 

For the first time in his life, Embry had just... left. Had wanted to leave. The sound of the ocean had fled his ears long before, and yet his heart carried that rhythm and something told him he wouldn't miss it — wouldn't miss it anymore once he found her. Feyre.

It felt odd, at first, when the familiar crunch of the sand gave way to the soft, brittle touch of the earth. Things were so silent now, it seemed, without the roar of the tide or the chorus of distant seagulls. He found that he was always on alert: searching for an obstacle and willing himself to believe that she would be waiting around the next corner. 

Her scent was faint but how could he miss it? The fragrance enveloped his every waking thought. And all he could manage to form in the way of motivation was, how could you let her go?

The world was so dim here, but in a nurturing kind of way. Like the womb, it held a maternal gentleness in the way it shielded its inhabitants from the harsh grasps of the sun. The forest was thriving, nonetheless, and it urged Embry onwards; made him deeply wish that a certain auburn girl was enjoying the scene with him. Nothing felt beautiful anymore, it seemed.

That's when her scent trail vanished. A small stream was swiftly gushing past in calm little, bubbling torrents that rippled and churned in graceful lanes. He wondered how her blonde curls shimmered at this hour. How her flaxen pelt soaked up the flourishing colors and pastel hues. Hope was fleeing so quickly from the man, who stood at the edge of the waters and watched his own reflection, questioning just who he had become.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
you became the light on the dark side of me - by Embry - March 05, 2019, 06:40 PM