Dawnlark Plains 'cause you're my present, my future, my lesson, my teacher
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
slight pp. let me know if you'd like me to change it! <3

imrathil. to her, his name strikes her as foreign sounding, as exotic as her own sounds to him. imrathil. she repeats, trying it out for the sake of it. she liked it. she wonders if it's from his culture, like blodreina is from her's ...like eske was from her mother's or if it just came about in that way that names sometimes do. she admittedly isn't sure the naming protocol that parents following ā€” was there even one? or was it something a mother or father just knew when they laid eyes on their child for the first time? ( though blodreina doesn't know it yet, in about nine weeks' time she'll find out, heh )

it's ok. she assures him. i'm not really a fan of tight spaces or caves, it was the whole reason she didn't bed down with the rest of the drageda wolves. but truth be told i'd much rather be in here than out there. she could deal with tight quarters. she tells herself again that she'd rather face her claustrophobia than freeze to death. at least when the storm outside ended, she'd come out of this space alive. coming out of the storm alive? unlikely. admitting her fears ā€” a weakness, at that ā€” had been surprisingly easy, especially given her want to always appear like an unshakable monolith that was never vulnerable. her weaknesses could be used against her and from a tacticians point of view it didn't seem very smart.

she regards him quietly for a few moments before deigning to answer. i'm from drageda, on the northern stretch of the coast. she isn't sure if he'll know it. she isn't much of a traveller, having always been more of a homebody and isn't sure how far their reputation reaches anymore. the last time she'd left the cliffs had been to fight alongside heda in a war with one of the other branches. it felt like a different lifetime ago now. how about you? where're you from? she asks figuring it didn't hurt to return the favor. there was no telling how long they'd be trapped here together. it's a rare occurrence but blodreina is suddenly glad she's not stuck here by herself. though imrathil does not offer her distraction from her estrus ( he probably makes it worse, rip ) he offers distraction from her claustrophobia at least and she's grateful.

though they'd thus been protected by the worst of the chill the screaming wind shifts and blodreina feels the blast of frigid air. she recoils instinctively, seeking to protect herself from the chill; but instead of retreating further into the cave like she'd intended she ends up instinctively seeking the nearest source of warmth which happened to be imrathil. her body brushes up against his and her skin is set on fire again and she shivers though the response no longer has anything to do with the cold. she should apologize, she thinks. she should move away, give him his space. he'd been keeping a careful distance from her for a reason, no doubt and she'd appreciated it. you're warm. she offers apologetically.
roangeda Ā· green-lit

trigedasleng
ā€” your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.