Shadewood Happy to be Home
139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
"Well...it was thanks to him.." She gestured with her muzzle towards Atticus. "...that I even learned of your pack to begin with." In order to hopefully gain status as a member, she would use her most valuable tool. Honesty. The midnight male, now known to them as Cry, informed the pair that in regards to trades, they would be stricter. Her stomach lurched at this. Not because of the tightening rules or the coming of pups and flaring tempers. But because she simply didn't know where she would excel.

"Of course. It's an exciting time for everyone." She replied in her smooth, soft voice. "With children soon to be underfoot, I am not in the least surprised." With the influx of new life into any pack, came the surge of parental hormones. And with that, came the tendency for tension...overprotectiveness. She settled back into silence while Atticus spoke, bringing up the topic of mercenaries. She side glanced at him...looked him over closely. Chai had never suspected that the male would be interested in such a trade. Though, they barely knew each other. She supposed having a wolf...and a friend in such a role would be of a great benefit.

She drew in a long shaky breath and looked back to Cry. "I'll be upfront...I don't know where my true talent lies." Something deep in her glacial eyes said I was never given the chance to find out. Such a conversation of significant depth was best left to a later time. "But I can hunt just as good as any wolf. I work hard...I genuinely care for my pack. And...I'm good with children." Her brows pinched together fretfully, wondering how the Watcher would judge her on all this. "But really...all I want is a sense of community. Family. Purpose."

Messages In This Thread
Happy to be Home - by Chai - March 11, 2019, 05:45 PM
RE: Happy to be Home - by Cry - March 12, 2019, 10:55 AM
RE: Happy to be Home - by Percival - March 12, 2019, 09:01 PM
RE: Happy to be Home - by Chai - March 12, 2019, 10:29 PM
RE: Happy to be Home - by Cry - March 13, 2019, 04:46 PM
RE: Happy to be Home - by Percival - March 26, 2019, 03:10 PM
RE: Happy to be Home - by Chai - March 26, 2019, 04:17 PM
RE: Happy to be Home - by Cry - March 28, 2019, 07:05 AM
RE: Happy to be Home - by Chai - March 28, 2019, 05:55 PM