Turtle Island [NaWOWriMo] Of Metal and Magic
I AM WEASEL, HEAR ME ROAR
61 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Nynka was perched on her hind paws the next instant as well, impatiently stretching her forepaws up to lever her inquisitive pointy nose up past the embossed edging of metal around the bright square. She tried to dig her claws into the metallic edge to help stabilize herself, but it didn't work all that terribly well on the slick and unyielding surface, or with Nynka's getting distracted by a quick glimpse of leaves and wooden branches and a beautiful expanse of grass. It worked even less well when half a breath later her canine perch went whizzing out sideways from under her. Nynka let out a shrill squeal of surprise and outrage intermingled, and tried to cling to the metal edge, but it was ripped unceremoniously from her grasp as she flew dizzily through the air.

She landed half on something soft—Wraen's fur?—and half off of it, on an inconveniently hard surface whose impact jolted right up against her spine. Nynka hissed, and flipped upright, and hastily tried to clamber right back atop her pet wolf even as she was scolding her. She aimed a rebuking nip at Wraen's ear. Did you forget I was standing on you and try to pounce on something you were hunting?! Sheesh! Hold still! As Nynka regained some height she peered curiously up and over the curve of Wraen's body, and scurried a little closer to the attenuated and immobile form pinned beneath the wolf as it let out a long moan. Well, it's big enough I guess, she allowed begrudgingly, whatever it was, and then spied something even stranger than its meat-gone-off color. Hey look, it's got some of those blinky beepy bits off the wall wrapped around its neck and legs! Or—arms? Whatever. Nynka darted close enough to take a quick investigative bite at the nearer blinky-thing around the creature's wrist. She immediately and overdramatically gagged aloud—Hkkkkyah! and turned her squinched, irritated face back toward Wraen with a grumpy: Hunt something better, hey wolf?
Messages In This Thread
[NaWOWriMo] Of Metal and Magic - by Nynka - April 02, 2019, 12:30 AM
RE: [NaWOWriMo] Of Metal and Magic - by Wraen - April 02, 2019, 01:20 PM
RE: [NaWOWriMo] Of Metal and Magic - by Nynka - April 04, 2019, 05:10 AM
RE: [NaWOWriMo] Of Metal and Magic - by Wraen - April 08, 2019, 02:02 PM
RE: [NaWOWriMo] Of Metal and Magic - by Nynka - April 10, 2019, 12:03 AM
RE: [NaWOWriMo] Of Metal and Magic - by Wraen - April 15, 2019, 05:22 AM
RE: [NaWOWriMo] Of Metal and Magic - by Nynka - April 16, 2019, 03:33 AM
RE: [NaWOWriMo] Of Metal and Magic - by Wraen - April 20, 2019, 05:32 PM