Lost Creek Hollow as though i were still mortal
Jalapeño
470 Posts
Ooc —
Just few days ago Nunataq had turned one year old and, though she had no conscious knowledge of this, she had decided to make a home for herself elsewhere. Lost Creek Hollow had outlived it's usefulness by now and the cold war between her and Merrick just fuelled her decision to leave. She had made a makeshift den and some treasure spots in Bearclaw valley and been gradually moving all the important stuff from here to there.

And maybe it was lucky that she was not present, when Merrick's meltdown happened and in a fit of spiteful anger he had destroyed their shared home. She arrived there several hours later to inspect the chaos curiously and eat the rabbit, who was dead by now.Not for one second did she wonder, why he had shred the pelts in pieces, peed and spat all over them. To Nunataq spite and revenge were foreign concepts, therefore she failed to understand the message left for her. Quite the contrary, she sniffed out and marked all over the spots her brother had left.

Just because Merrick's trail led towards the hide-out, where her last prized possession lied (that plastic bottle, which has been featured in other threads), she followed it for a while. Now with her toy retrieved safely, she stopped, looking indecisive. Out of old habit she yearned to find her brother, to be the same great team they had been all these months. But the recent fear marred those fond memories. She sighed and went the other way.

In little over a year there was nothing left of the formerly tight-knit Bearclaw valley family.
Messages In This Thread
as though i were still mortal - by Merrick - April 04, 2019, 04:07 PM
RE: as though i were still mortal - by Nunataq - April 05, 2019, 01:43 AM