Phoenix Maplewood ii. "and i will translate you"
78 Posts
Ooc — Malia
She avoids his eye contact, which is to be expected. Though the gesture isn't rude, it lives closer to being polite than insulting him. Often others find his stare ghostly and unsettling. Though she doesn't meet his eyes, his follow her. Just in case, he could never be too careful; so he watches her every move as she comes closer to him.

He holds his head back and gazes down at her as she sniffs his wounds. The fur around his cheeks and neck pluming around his face, giving him a more innocent profile than he actually has. Even as she's tending to him with her quick and efficient licks to clean his wounds, he squints down at her. He's tolerant to pain, but that doesn't mean he doesn't feel it.

Finally as she relents of the cleaning and takes a mouthful of herbs, Ulysses watches the distain map across her features. That gives him a reason to show his canines and he smirks at the expression. "I bet that never gets old." His accent is thick and rich, voice almost rumbling with a low chuckle.

She puts the ointment on his wounds and her scent isn't as pungent when she moves to sit a couple steps away. Ulysses shakes, fur flying, and ears flopping. "Thank you." The wolfdog mumbles deeply, watching her eyes take in his physical appearance down to the 't'. 

He knows she's taking in his more than dog like attributes. Sure, he looks wolf, but he looks just as much dog. He'd feel scrutinized and his hackles probably would have been raising if she too hadn't been part dog. Then his eyes, devoid of color and life, meet the oceanic turquoise that highlight her already pale but uniquely identifying features.

"I am." He says lowly. "So are you, no? Your markings are..." He pauses, searching for the right word as his eyes rake down the tawny and chocolate splotches of color across her pelt. "unique. To say the least." He shrugs slightly. "I have no room to speak."

He seems indifferent about it, doesn't think on it too much. Tries not to let the dog like look run his new life even though it still seems to get in the way too often then not. Especially when there's so many wolves with egos skulking around. He doesn't resent his dog half, nor his previous life.
Messages In This Thread
ii. "and i will translate you" - by Elve - April 09, 2019, 09:06 PM
RE: ii. "and i will translate you" - by Ulysses - April 15, 2019, 05:21 PM
RE: ii. "and i will translate you" - by Elve - April 15, 2019, 07:22 PM
RE: ii. "and i will translate you" - by Ulysses - April 16, 2019, 01:18 PM
RE: ii. "and i will translate you" - by Elve - April 16, 2019, 04:52 PM
RE: ii. "and i will translate you" - by Ulysses - April 16, 2019, 06:22 PM
RE: ii. "and i will translate you" - by Elve - April 22, 2019, 04:07 PM
RE: ii. "and i will translate you" - by Ulysses - April 23, 2019, 12:05 AM
RE: ii. "and i will translate you" - by Elve - April 25, 2019, 03:13 PM