Ankyra Sound [RE] A lightness in my chest.
420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
Feel free to keep jumping in! Sort-of a free-for-all.

A few wolves arrived; each seemed less invested in the concept of togetherness than the last, although when the round figure of Rosalyn appeared, followed closely by Caiaphas, the man was pleased to see them lingering together in the sand. He swept his gaze across the expanse he'd cleared after that — recognizing Cassiopeia, but nobody else had come around yet. He could wait for more, but he was impatient to begin (especially if the gulls began to swoop and steal from the exposed meals). If anyone else wished to partake then they were welcome. This was meant for all of Rusalka, after all.

He approached the small gathering, making sure to keep his eyes on Cassiopeia and motioned with a tilt of his snout that she should come closer, and then spoke to the lot of them: Okay, I imagined a bigger gathering than this, but we'll make do. I'm sure the others are on their way — he craned his neck and looked along the path behind Caiaphas, almost expecting Illidan to come sauntering along any second, but then shrugged and continued.

As you can see I've collected some of our food stores here on the beach. I called for all of you, all of us, because I think a celebration is warranted. We have a lot to celebrate, don't you think? As he said this, Firefly's attention drifted between each woman; although he realized afterwards that Cassiopeia might not share the same connection as she was new blood, she was still welcome. We survived despite Drageda's reaction to us, in fact, we outlived them; they're gone, and that alone is reason enough for a party — but also, there's the future to think about. His eyes land on Rosalyn. I wanted to celebrate you, and Erzulie, and Grezig — who... I realize now, might not come to her own party.

Had he made a terrible mistake? Maybe.
Messages In This Thread
[RE] A lightness in my chest. - by RIP Firefly - April 11, 2019, 05:56 PM
RE: [RE] A lightness in my chest. - by Cassiopeia - April 11, 2019, 06:18 PM
RE: [RE] A lightness in my chest. - by Rosalyn - April 11, 2019, 06:37 PM
RE: [RE] A lightness in my chest. - by Caiaphas - April 11, 2019, 07:45 PM
RE: [RE] A lightness in my chest. - by RIP Firefly - April 13, 2019, 02:00 PM
RE: [RE] A lightness in my chest. - by Yami - April 13, 2019, 07:16 PM
RE: [RE] A lightness in my chest. - by Rosalyn - April 14, 2019, 10:18 AM
RE: [RE] A lightness in my chest. - by Caiaphas - April 19, 2019, 12:42 PM
RE: [RE] A lightness in my chest. - by RIP Firefly - April 21, 2019, 02:48 PM
RE: [RE] A lightness in my chest. - by Yami - April 21, 2019, 06:51 PM