Blackfeather Woods Don't you think you're a little...weird?
40 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Moonshadow slight PP of her babysitting, if that's not okay then I can edit it to where Moonshadow is also present <3 AW but keep in mind that Moonshadow only really trusts leadership figures, Istoira, and @Tundra around her kids rn. In honor of one week of life, @Rowan, for the bebes. <3 (PPing Moonshine and Falling Star as they're not yet active)

Having given the daughter of the moon a respite from her motherly duties - it surely became claustrophobic and boring cooped up in a den at all times - it befell Istoira to keep watch over the precious bairns. 

She took her protective detail quite seriously, curling herself around the dozing neonates and tucking them against the warmth of her plush underbelly securely. Her warm gaze slid across Moonshadow's sons and daughter with adoration, cooing softly as one began to stir. 

The children had seen a week of life - in her homeland they would have been named and blessed on this day - but week-old pups were only slightly more active than newborns. Besides bumble about with their paddling, clumsy legs and sleep between feedings, they did little else of note. At least her job wasn't hard. 

One stirred, whining softly as it awakened with cries for milk. While Istoira's body had begun to adapt, her teats were beginning to produce milk on account of her close proximity to the nursing litter, she was unable to provide the statement they required just yet. 

"Your mamá will be back before you know it little ones, until then I am afraid you will have to sit tight," she murmured to them softly as her muzzle brushed over their tiny forms soothingly. 

"You are lucky - did you know? To have a mamá such as yours, she takes care of you very diligently," she continued, soft tones only slightly leaning towards baby-talk as her eyes raised to the summer day beyond the thicket. 

"But even mothers need breaks to stretch their legs and get fresh air, so I'm afraid you are stuck with Issy." 
"my bones are stained with sin, scorched by fire, broken by betrayal, cold in loneliness, soaked in blood. 
and still. you could not kill me."
Messages In This Thread
Don't you think you're a little...weird? - by Istoira - May 15, 2019, 07:32 PM