Golden Glade and the bleak, cold breath of her still haunts me
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Private 
Set on May 25. Mobile posting so this is poop but I wanted to go ahead and get it going.

Raven’s world was crumbling. Towhee and Phox were leaving, and now Wildfire was dead. Gone forever. The one person in the world that Raven trusted most was gone, and the last remaining child from Peregrine and Fox’s first litter felt completely lost and dead inside.

Numbness and nausea plagued her as she and @Quixote made their way back to the plateau after saying their goodbyes. Her mate’s presence was the one source of strength and solace she had — she truly could not imagine going through this without him. Nearly halfway through her pregnancy now, the physical exhaustion was beginning to catch up to the emotional weariness she already felt and she stopped walking for a bit, sitting down to take a break in the midst of a gorgeous little forest that hugged the flank of their plateau. She could see the outline of their home ahead through the brilliantly green canopy, and she thought for a moment how unfair it was that the world should still be so vibrant and beautiful when one of the most vibrant, beautiful souls she had ever known was gone from its plane. She sighed miserably and looked at Quixote, something in her eyes pleading for some sort of reason although she knew he had no answers.
Messages In This Thread
and the bleak, cold breath of her still haunts me - by Raven - May 30, 2019, 06:25 AM