Golden Glade and the bleak, cold breath of her still haunts me
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Back luck seemed to haunt them like a plague. It never failed -- when things were going well and they were happy, something always seemed to happen to bring misery and pain. Perhaps it was a curse attached to the Redhawk name, or perhaps it was just how life went. Are you happy? the universe would ask, and at an answer of yes, Well, that's not cool. Here, have some awful misfortune. That should fix things. Perhaps she should have taken Quixote's surname after all. Maybe ditching the Redhawk name would throw off whatever cosmic ghosts were following her around raining bad things down on her and her family. She knew this was a completely irrational line of thought, but in these moments, Raven wasn't in her most logical frame of mind.

Poor Qui, though. He seemed to be forever caught up in the maelstrom of drama and heartache that engulfed this family. And though he didn't really have a chance, he still tried his best to fight and swim against the currents that kept them lost and drowning in sorrows. Even now, he searched for ways to help her. But she didn't know what to say, honestly. She gazed at him miserably for a few seconds before her attention was distracted by a bird flitting from the ground up into the canopy. So green, so lush. It really was beautiful here. "I hate the plateau," she said suddenly, a note of bitterness in her voice as if the place where they lived had somehow brought all of this on. "I always have. I want to move." With that last statement, she turned her yellow eyes back to him.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and the bleak, cold breath of her still haunts me - by Raven - June 02, 2019, 02:37 PM