Falls of the Hinterlands i see a bad moon rising
153 Posts
Ooc — Java
Away
They seemed to be rather involved with one another. There was a small moment where the girl shifted her attention to the forest and her gaze drifted across where Dingo was lurking, but it did not linger - and then she was speaking to her father again with her accented common. Whatever other languages they spoke were alien to Dingo; he was up to speed on some words in some languages since the pirate realm was ripe with curious folk - but whatever they were speaking in was too different, so he ignored it.

He studied the girl for a little bit longer and slunk closer, closer, closer still; but the parent held some interest too, and so the man looked to him and began to plot the various ways in which the pair could be separated. It did not seem that the swarthy male was anything more than a caring father — but with an edge to him, something that Dingo could recognize because it was a part of himself. Something predatory. They were alike, which would make Dingo's plans that much more difficult.

It was best to play it safe. Dingo ducked his head and feigned interest in the soil, striding and sniffing, as if tracking something — and gradually he made more and more noise so that they could not ignore his presence. His route arced around them at first but then - as if by accident - he plunged from between the trees and to the clearing where they were having their conversation, raising his head to showcase a flustered look of surprise, concern, apology -- and with a loud sniff he said, Oh, uh, did anyone see a rabbit bolt through here? Thought I'd finally spooked it in to a dead-end but, heh, guess not..?
Messages In This Thread
i see a bad moon rising - by Corruption - June 07, 2019, 09:41 AM
RE: i see a bad moon rising - by Alula - June 07, 2019, 10:41 AM
RE: i see a bad moon rising - by Dingo - June 07, 2019, 12:59 PM
RE: i see a bad moon rising - by Corruption - June 08, 2019, 04:01 PM
RE: i see a bad moon rising - by Alula - June 09, 2019, 11:19 PM
RE: i see a bad moon rising - by Dingo - June 09, 2019, 11:30 PM
RE: i see a bad moon rising - by Alula - June 27, 2019, 11:37 AM
RE: i see a bad moon rising - by Dingo - June 30, 2019, 04:41 PM