Stone Circle I'm coming home, to the place where I belong
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph made a mental note to make some time with her mother once she was settled. She was so excited to be back and wanted to get straight into the swing of things. It seemed the pack was depending mostly on deer meat, which wasn't bad, but wolves needed a variety. I'd be happy to lead a bison hunt, she offered. She knew her history with the bison wasn't the best, but she had also watched her mother hunt, and was confident that she could at least give it go, especially if no one else was willing. 

Steph felt when something shifted about her mother. Her ears folded in concern when Valette mentioned the birthing hadn't gone as well as the others. Steph was quiet, waiting to see if Valette would speak more of it. Steph was quick to offer her mother a comforting nudge, I'm so sorry, she said softly. She couldn't imagine losing two babies, and she felt awful for not being here to help out. 

Steph doubted that Valette could have enough meat with the four remaining pups to feed. Maybe she was trying to make her daughter feel better about things, Steph didn't know. But, she didn't feel better. I'll make sure you are well taken care of now, she promised. Steph would make it her personal mission to see that the pack lived to support their Alpha, as she felt it should have been all along. 

She listened as Valette told her about her grandfather, and Steph wasn't quite sure how to feel about it. This male had done Valette wrong in the past, but if Valette could forgive him, Steph figured she could at least get to know him. She nodded, agreeing that they all make mistakes. Steph would not go out of her way to punish Kove for something he did long ago, and didn't even do to herself. I'll seek him out, get to know him, after I'm settled, she promised. 

She paused in her forward motion, and faced her mother, the Alpha. I know that I left before I could really get into the Beta position, she began. Honestly, I wanted to prove to you and everyone else that I was ready for it, she admitted. But, I wasn't. I didn't know who I was, and I had zero confidence about leading anyone else when I couldn't even lead myself, she explained. In a rare show of equalization, and in an effort to make Valette see she was serious, she met her gaze. But, I am ready now. I want to support you and Greyback and the pups, and this pack, and I want... I want to be your Beta again, she said finally. She didn't outright ask for the position back, but she did at least want to make it clear that it was her goal. She paused to gauge the reaction of Valette.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm coming home, to the place where I belong - by Steph - June 12, 2019, 01:01 PM