Hideaway Strath I could surrender but I'd just be pretending.
153 Posts
Ooc — Java
Away
He listened, gathering aspects of these individuals to his memory for later use. If Rue was welcome here then he would have another target for his (often unwanted) affections; that would draw him away from Fennec and keep him satisfied until she was older and more appealing, sublimating his needs for a while. She sounded like the same kind of jack-of-all-trades as himself which appealed to him. 

Phox mentioned having an interest in the night sky — which made his choice of a home curious, considering how dense the 'strath was and how difficult it would be to watch those little blinking lights. But that led Dingo to further plotting -- if he was invested in such a thing he'd likely pass that interest on to his kids, which would give Dingo many opportunities to ingratiate himself to them as they matured. They'd acclimate to the dark, and perhaps to Dingo being near if he showed the same interest. A plan was slowly coming together.

Border defense! You? He inserted himself back in to the conversation and gave Rue another look-over, smiling. Its been pretty quiet lately but we could use all the defense we can find. Maybe I could show you the territory limits and we could start on some patrols together? That is, if Phox had decided that the girl could join them. Or we could start fillin' the caches s'more. I've more familiarity with fish'n stuff but Phox and I have been doin' a mighty fine job culling the local rodent population... The man glanced to his superior's dark face with a raise of his brow, then back to Rue.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I could surrender but I'd just be pretending. - by Dingo - June 10, 2019, 07:08 PM