Moonspear allay; align
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Alya said she'd be fine, which didn't surprise Nikai, but he knew that it was up to him to make sure that she actually was. She wouldn't be as likely to take care of herself as she claimed. Saying you were fine when you had just found your father and mother in a pile at the bottom of the mountain they had built together was, well, like being a dog sitting in a building that was on fire sipping your coffee and saying you were fine. Either way, Nikai knew Alya could not be fine at all. He didn't quite realise that his own reaction to this all -- and to the previous time this'd happened in his life, however small he had been -- was exactly the same. Saying you were fine and then caring for everyone else around you, forgetting yourself.

Nikai was surprised when Alya said that he was nothing like her father. He wondered where this statement came from. I don't know, either. I was a little scared of properly meeting your parents, actually... Nikai admitted with a grin on his face that was almost bashful. But now I'm sad I won't get to. He wanted to say 'kinda sad' at first, but that just seemed insensitive. Still, even though it surely would've made Nikai's life more difficult in the beginning, he wished that they'd still been here for him to meet.

Alya complimented at his climbing skills, and Nikai smiled. He knew that the mountain was a lot higher still, but maybe she had expected to find him all the way at the bottom, lingering around the forest and being unable or too scared to go up at all. I met your brother Arcturus a while back at the Sunspire mountain range. He helped me practise a bit, and I've been practising my climbing since to get stronger. Nikai smiled, clearly pleased that Alya was proud of his climbing despite his handicap.
Messages In This Thread
allay; align - by Alya - June 17, 2019, 04:42 PM
RE: allay; align - by Nikai - June 18, 2019, 06:37 AM
RE: allay; align - by Alya - June 18, 2019, 04:47 PM
RE: allay; align - by Nikai - June 21, 2019, 11:19 AM
RE: allay; align - by Alya - June 21, 2019, 11:41 PM
RE: allay; align - by Nikai - July 08, 2019, 06:16 AM
RE: allay; align - by Alya - July 11, 2019, 01:43 PM
RE: allay; align - by Nikai - July 31, 2019, 03:21 AM
RE: allay; align - by Alya - August 27, 2019, 10:11 PM
RE: allay; align - by Nikai - August 30, 2019, 03:21 AM
RE: allay; align - by Alya - August 30, 2019, 11:24 PM