Golden Glade Got a heart like a neon sign
205 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Finally, it seemed like he had gotten through to his parents. They didn't seem happy with his decision, but they at least appeared to accept and respect it, as evidenced by Rannoch's words and Liffey's body language. After Rannoch spoke his approval, Breccan shifted his gaze anxiously to Liffey, only to see that her eyes were full of tears. There was a long pause, and then she nodded and took him into her embrace.

In that moment, he felt simultaneously like an adult and a child. He was ready to go off on his own, be independent, find his own way -- but in his mother's arms, he was reduced to a puppy. There was a lump rising quickly in his throat, accompanied by a prickling behind his eyes, but he swallowed hard and simply hugged Liffey back, squeezing her tightly.

When he finally stepped back, he cleared his throat and smiled hesitantly at his parents. "Thanks. I promise, I'll come back," he said; he would certainly come visit, and who knew? Maybe one day he would return to the Frosthawks' ranks, once he had fulfilled whatever this wanderlust required. "I love you guys," he added.
Messages In This Thread
Got a heart like a neon sign - by Breccan - June 17, 2019, 09:11 PM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Liffey - June 21, 2019, 09:43 AM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Breccan - June 24, 2019, 08:50 AM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Liffey - June 26, 2019, 06:17 PM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Breccan - June 27, 2019, 10:57 AM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Liffey - June 27, 2019, 11:40 AM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Breccan - June 27, 2019, 11:55 AM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Liffey - July 01, 2019, 05:42 PM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Breccan - July 06, 2019, 09:38 PM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Liffey - July 07, 2019, 11:48 AM
RE: Got a heart like a neon sign - by Breccan - July 11, 2019, 12:13 PM