Greatwater Lake vii. you are well versed in rising from ash
166 Posts
Ooc —
The nox-clad femme watches as his gaze drops to the fish - the one he seemed to have caught just for her. A tendril of guilt makes itself known; mayhaps she should have taken the meal proferred, even if it meant feeling a bit useless. 

"I'm sorry," she blurted suddenly, softly, for the autumn-coated hellcaster's ears alone. A hesitant half step in the man's direction drew her forward, only to stop before she reaches him, shaking her head vaguely in explanation. "It's nothing against your fish...just, what kind of woman would I be? Letting two strangers hunt for me when they've been wandering themselves." She shook her head again, it was impolite and lazy and just weak. 

The splashing commotion Lokie was stirring up drew her concerned gaze to the creek, half rising as she prepared to drag the young man to safety. Her star-freckled crown tilted up and back, gaze seeking Connor's jade orbs and searching for reassurance that his companion was alright. 

"Looks like it all worked out, then," she commented to the ginger guardian as he found a recipient for his fish, just as quietly with a small grin. "We could share mine," she offers, not wanting him to go hungry.

His next question halts her movements, stilling her for a moment as she began to tuck into her supper. 

How much to reveal? What to answer with? Certainly not, oh, I was enganged to a sadist as a babe and after marrying him my life became a living Hel, that is until I poisoned him and fled the Kingdom. Oh yeah, and as a result for my bravery I was blinded and cast out. 

"There was conflict back home after the death of my husband, it was best that I set out on my own," the dark fae rasps softly, chin lifting a fraction as her jaw set with strength and her eye pooled with guarded natures - examining the men shrewdly for suspicious reactions. 

"So, what are your stories?" She asks after a beat, partially to switch the subject off herself, gaze darting betwixt the two in wait.
"Even princesses and she-wolves bleed."
"Common." "Lirean."
ARISTOS
Messages In This Thread
RE: vii. you are well versed in rising from ash - by Rhælla - June 26, 2019, 01:22 AM