Swiftcurrent Creek I can take the fall: the pain, the pleasure
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

@Kavik, other tags for reference

She had been lost in her own little world, to absorbed in her own grief to pay much attention to any other than the newborns who were depending on her for sustenance. And of course, they helped her in her denial, but she struggled with the very idea of continuing. The very thought that she would one day be happy and carefree seemed so foreign, so exotic that Rosalie simple stopped believing it would ever happen. How could her life every be normal again? How could she ever move past the pain and the sadness that gripped her heart? She couldn’t. There was no way.

In her limited acknowledgment of the world she found only @Alessia really gave her company. Of course, whenever she woke his scent lingered, and whatever food he had been able to recover for the day was delicately placed within easy reach. But she found his physical presence was almost nonexistent. She never saw him sleep, and they rarely spoke. Both either to occupied by their newest brood, or they simply lacked the words. Not that she had spoken much to anyone except @Morena and @Soter since… well since before.

She hadn’t really seen much of anyone aside from Alessia. Polaris, and Lainie were very distant, and to her shame, Lie admitted she didn’t mind. She couldn’t accept what had happened, what Zephyr had done. Nor their running away after. Lie knew she should feel something; she should feel sad by their departure. She should miss them. She should hope and pray that they returned to her safe. Yet while she did hope they were safe, Lie honestly felt nothing more. Of course, she still loved them both dearly, Helios had done nothing wrong, and even Zephyr was still her daughter. But the very thought of seeing her again brought tears to Lie’s eye and slowly as the days passed her anger grew alongside the sadness.

Today she had taken a break, for even only talking to Alessia caused some social anxiety within the red woman. Having seen her lover trade places with her, wrapping herself around their shared newborns, Lie exited the den. Although she didn’t venture far, in fact she only made it a few feet past the entrance of the den. Finding a sunny spot, she reclined, lying down to bask in the light of the sun. Taking a shaky breath, she closed her eyes and let a few tears peak through. What had the world come to.

1/5
5/5
~ i haven't played that song since my wife died ~
lie can be pp'd by anyone listed as family on her profile

"common", "french" 1/5 posts
Messages In This Thread
I can take the fall: the pain, the pleasure - by Rosalie - July 04, 2019, 06:44 PM
RE: I can take the fall: the pain, the pleasure - by Rosalie - September 10, 2019, 04:39 PM