King Elk Forest We walk like there's nothing wrong
5 Posts
Ooc — Allyssium
All Welcome 
Being lost in thought could be a very painful experience. Nagi discovered this as she plodded absentmindedly through the unfamiliar forest terrain. In her meanderings, a thought had become more and more frequent. Maybe she could head back to her birthplace and her "family." She could request a meeting with her previous alpha and plead her case. "I've become a much better hunter and fighter. How could I not, when you threw me out in the middle of winter and left me to survive all on my own? Can my increase in "practical" skills redeem my place?" And then, if all went well, she would have a place where she would forever live in fear of being thrown out by the same wolves all over again. It wasn't ideal, but it sounded more tantalizing than wandering in foreign places all alone. 

A light breeze ruffled her fur, pulling her out of her train of thought. No, she wasn't alone! How could she ever think that? "Hey Sister Wind. I'm ashamed to think that I almost forgot you. You've been by my side this entire journey. I'm truly grateful that you accompany me everywhere I go." But there wasn't just Sister Wind. There were friends everywhere if one knew where to look! Nagi took a couple of deep breaths, grounding herself in the physical world around her instead of the hazy world of her thoughts. 

"Hey Brother Oak!" She cheerfully barked as she walked up to the closest tree and pressed her nose against his bark in greeting. "How's it going for you today? Oh yeah? Of course you're proud that you can protect Sister Squirrel who has nested within your trunk. You're a tree after all!" 

Nagi remained standing there, her nose smushed into the rough bark and a friendly grin on her face. See? She didn't need to be good friends with any other wolves to be happy. All of the close friendships she had with the nature beings around her was more than enough! Well, at least that was what she was trying to convince herself of.
Messages In This Thread
We walk like there's nothing wrong - by Nagi - August 07, 2019, 10:41 PM
RE: We walk like there's nothing wrong - by Rosencrantz - August 08, 2019, 09:45 AM
RE: We walk like there's nothing wrong - by Nagi - August 08, 2019, 11:57 AM
RE: We walk like there's nothing wrong - by Rosencrantz - August 08, 2019, 12:17 PM
RE: We walk like there's nothing wrong - by Nagi - August 08, 2019, 02:42 PM
RE: We walk like there's nothing wrong - by Rosencrantz - August 14, 2019, 08:58 PM
RE: We walk like there's nothing wrong - by Nagi - August 15, 2019, 09:36 PM
RE: We walk like there's nothing wrong - by Rosencrantz - August 28, 2019, 04:23 PM