Coconut Grove I had this dream where I relished the fray
3 Posts
Ooc —
Hah! I had to google it- it's technically a "dry drupe." But you totally get points for the homophone. <3

[font=calibri]
There was an amiable enough nature between the two females, but Aelon-Feyr quickly got the feeling that her prior conceptions had been wrong- and that the two didn't even really know each other all that well. They were both friendly enough, though, and Harlow- as she corrected Aelon- was generous enough to send half a coconut skittering across the sand toward her, but unfortunately, it ended up coming to a halt between herself and Bat, and was upside-down in the sand. She chuckled softly, and turned the coconut over, but it was so covered in sand that it wouldn't have been appealing even to creatures which normally ate coconuts. It turns out, then, that coconuts aren't much good at migrating when there are no African swallows present; they tend to get covered in sand. 

The mispronunciation of her name was so common a thing that she merely blinked when it was spoken. There wasn't much use in trying to correct someone, as often-times, they were unable to hear the slight, phonetic difference, let alone pronounce it. From what she could tell, Tristan- who had recruited Harlow- was the boss of the pack, and Bat here must have been his second-in-command. Then again, side-piece often hinted that she wasn't exactly his partner- but someone aside from a partner that was more often kept as a secret. Perhaps there was another leader alongside Tristan, making Bat the one who likely vied for that position, but fell slightly short. She felt interested in figuring out the pack's dynamic based on her assumptions alone. 

She felt, then, that perhaps Bat had assumed that she too had been recruited, so to be polite, she set the record straight. "I was just passing by..." She said. "Walking along the coastline when I caught your markings, and figured I ought to go around." She said, slipping one shoulder up in a gentle shrug. She gestured toward Harlow and her coconut. "You might want to watch how much of that you eat, though," She said. "I heard that too much can give you the runs."
Messages In This Thread
RE: I had this dream where I relished the fray - by Bat - August 28, 2019, 09:18 PM
RE: I had this dream where I relished the fray - by Bat - August 29, 2019, 10:14 AM
RE: I had this dream where I relished the fray - by Aelon-Feyr - August 29, 2019, 01:02 PM