Swiftcurrent Creek No more hiding
174 Posts
Ooc — Jay
She had been comforted by his words, they had seemed so wise. Her tears dried and she sniffled, about to pull away and offer a watery smile before he called what Zephyr did a mistake. The night played again in her mind and a violent shiver ran down her spine as she pulled away and looked him in the eye, voice quivering as she murmured "I saw it papa" her eyes fell to the ground and she sagged, as if weighed down by the memory. "I had followed to play a prank on Zephyr. I saw her...k...kill the baby. I heard Maman screaming and ran away like a coward. What Zephy did....what I did and continued doing, it wasn't a mistake and it doesn't feel forgivable!" she sounded like a stubborn, petulant child as she stomped her paw and turned away her fur bristling. She was more upset at her own confession, her own unforgiveable sin of being a coward, acting like a baby when she needed to help Maman or stop Zephyr.

She took a breath and flicked her ears, shaking her head "It's okay to be soft when needed. It's not okay to be weak. Ever." she remembered how Polaris had once told her that crying and being sad was okay, that Papa felt it too sometimes. That wasnt weakness, what she had done and what Zephyr did in running away was. It was cowardice, the biggest form of weakness though she only knew it was being simply weak.
Messages In This Thread
No more hiding - by Lainie - August 28, 2019, 08:20 PM
RE: No more hiding - by RIP Kavik - August 30, 2019, 10:26 PM
RE: No more hiding - by Lainie - August 31, 2019, 05:14 PM
RE: No more hiding - by RIP Kavik - September 03, 2019, 07:17 PM
RE: No more hiding - by Lainie - September 03, 2019, 09:26 PM
RE: No more hiding - by RIP Kavik - September 19, 2019, 03:38 PM
RE: No more hiding - by Lainie - September 19, 2019, 07:48 PM
RE: No more hiding - by RIP Kavik - October 03, 2019, 01:27 PM
RE: No more hiding - by Lainie - October 06, 2019, 03:03 PM
RE: No more hiding - by RIP Kavik - October 21, 2019, 08:28 PM