Blackfeather Woods the devil kept an eye on me
thus conscience does make cowards of us all
50 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
Private 

scylla was beginning to get the impression that the other younglings thought less of her. it made her blood boil.

from venamis's disregard of her to rowan's glare during maegi's teachings, she felt an innate need to put them in their place. sure, one might be slightly older and the other was clearly the know-it-all of the group... but she'd find a better thing to be than ordinary like they were. her nose crinkled up in disgust as she mere thought of it. scylla, despite her youth, held herself on a pedestal that would only continue to grow as she aged. finding herself huffing and puffing with internalized anger and no means to let it out, she ventured on deeper into the woods. at least in the darkest reaches of the shadows, nobody would be able to witness her temper tantrums.

at first, she didn't even hear the crunch of bones underneath her feet. held up in her own mind, scylla was pulled out of her daze only on account of nearly tripping over a much larger pelvic bone, causing her to look down. a scattered trail of remains leading her deeper and deeper into mephala's web was laid before her seemingly inviting her in, and readily did she follow. as the air became damper and the light grew dim she did not halt her little adventure, following the bones as they became more and more apparent.  

large eyes stared bewildered as she drew upon the most fascinating sight. hundreds -- perhaps thousands -- of corpses all dumped beneath the ground. they ranged from no bigger than her paw to much larger than her, all heaped into one mass grave. it was oddly beautiful; they were so silent. she didn't know what to do but simply stare, unaware that the chambers and tunnels leading away from wolfskull cave were known quite well to the other dwellers. for now, it remained her own little secret.
Messages In This Thread
the devil kept an eye on me - by Scylla - August 29, 2019, 05:33 PM
RE: the devil kept an eye on me - by Maegi - September 01, 2019, 12:34 PM
RE: the devil kept an eye on me - by Scylla - September 01, 2019, 03:31 PM
RE: the devil kept an eye on me - by Maegi - September 04, 2019, 12:04 PM
RE: the devil kept an eye on me - by Scylla - September 10, 2019, 02:07 PM
RE: the devil kept an eye on me - by Maegi - September 11, 2019, 12:39 PM