King Elk Forest Strike the match, play it loud
84 Posts
Ooc — Hela
With his compliment, her smile turned shy, and she briefly lowered her gaze. Thank you, she said softly, her focus returning to his face. Her expression brightened a little as he explained that he belonged to a pack and that he entertained himself by roaming. She liked to explore, too, but she did it to learn more about the different plants of whatever area she was in. She was constantly fascinated by the flora around her, and she always had to know more. I can understand the need to wander, She replied. What has been your favorite place to explore so far? Effie asked; she was curious to know more about what drove him to roam. 

Until now, he had seemed fairly at ease, but as he finished answering her question, she noted a hint of tension in his muscular frame. Her eyes tracked his nervous shifting, and she glanced around, wondering if she had somehow missed some subtle sign of danger. But she saw nothing. I know this forest well, she began, taking a seat next to the flowering plant. Last winter, I came here and lived here with some of my family. But I got lost and it has taken me all this time to find my way back. Her expression turned wistful. They are nowhere near anymore from what I can tell. I'd like to stay in case they ever return, but I'm not sure where to stay or what to do with myself in the meantime. A soft sigh moved slowly from her chest. So, I've been doing what best eases my worries, which is learning more about plants. It probably sounded kind of lame, but it was the truth. 

Her ears lowered and concern drew her brows together. Should I be worried about spending time here? she asked. I just—well, you seem a little nervous, and I'm not always very good at reading my surroundings and am worried that maybe I'm missing something. She felt a little awkward admitting that to him. But she needed to know, right?
All the variety,
all the charm,
all the beauty of life
is made up of light and shadow
Messages In This Thread
Strike the match, play it loud - by Effie - September 13, 2019, 09:44 AM
RE: Strike the match, play it loud - by Rye - September 13, 2019, 07:23 PM
RE: Strike the match, play it loud - by Effie - September 14, 2019, 12:06 AM
RE: Strike the match, play it loud - by Rye - September 14, 2019, 10:03 PM
RE: Strike the match, play it loud - by Effie - September 15, 2019, 12:29 AM
RE: Strike the match, play it loud - by Rye - September 15, 2019, 02:47 PM
RE: Strike the match, play it loud - by Effie - September 15, 2019, 09:17 PM