Blacktail Deer Plateau I can taste it, the end is upon us
7 Posts
Ooc —
Just one post for Lupita here! Making some assumptions about Firefly's body, please PM if I'm wrong so I can change. Just one post from me.

It was not the crumbling of earth that drew her in, but the enticing aroma of fresh blood.

Nimble on her little paws, Lupita followed her keen nose along the base of the plateau. She salivated in anticipation of a fresh meal, a single string of drool clinging to a corner of her maw as he hurried - desperate to be first on the scene to have her best share of whatever great bounty awaited.

By the time she arrived, the rocks had settled but dust clouded the air. The agouti she-wolf huffed through her nostrils several times, when an inhale irritated her airway enough that she felt the need to sneeze. She squinted through the gritty haze in search of what was destined to be her prize. Guard hairs rose with this sudden vulnerability, gripped by an uncertainty of who else might be out there. Ears swivelled atop her narrow skull as her nose worked, hungrily seeking where the scent of death might be strongest.

What she unearthed was not the appetising flesh of a sheep or a doe. Instead, Lupita found one of her own kind. She jumped back in surprise, though her desire to feed had her stepping in close again. With a shoulder she uselessly tried to shove a boulder off, one that pinned the dark wolf beneath. Tried, and tried, and tried.

Tired and frustrated, she opted to consume what she could. She opened the beast's chest and picked at his ribs, consuming what she was able so urgently that she feared she might retch. Without the luxury of time, however, she parted her jaws to reach out and take hold limp foreleg. Lupita tugged, suddenly fuelled by desperation to have something more and get away with it before anything else arrived to chase her off, but she would never be strong enough to slacken the joints or sever muscle just by pulling. Thus, her fangs set to work on the stranger's shoulder.

She set about tearing at flesh with a new ferocity and soon, she was bolting from the scene with an entire wolf limb in her grasp.
Messages In This Thread
I can taste it, the end is upon us - by RIP Firefly - October 14, 2019, 11:55 AM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Lupita - October 16, 2019, 02:54 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Moonshadow - October 16, 2019, 03:10 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Rosencrantz - October 16, 2019, 03:21 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Lupita - October 16, 2019, 04:06 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Rosencrantz - October 16, 2019, 04:16 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Moonshadow - October 16, 2019, 05:16 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Rosencrantz - October 16, 2019, 05:45 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Moonshadow - October 16, 2019, 05:52 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Erzulie - October 16, 2019, 06:39 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Rosencrantz - October 16, 2019, 06:57 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Moonshadow - October 16, 2019, 07:06 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Aningan - October 16, 2019, 11:13 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Raleska - October 17, 2019, 10:15 AM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Erzulie - October 18, 2019, 06:12 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Rosencrantz - October 18, 2019, 07:36 PM
RE: I can taste it, the end is upon us - by Raleska - November 06, 2019, 06:17 PM