Stone Circle i had been lost to you, sunlight
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
valette's words are not sniping and yet he feels the sting of her stern and chiding voice all the same as she reminds him that stone circle is important. irreplaceable. newt's ears flutter back to rest atop the curve of his crown in nonverbal acknowledgment that he has overstepped. worst yet is the swell of guilt that he feels at the thought of but they are dead —; it sounds so callous even just as a fluttering thought. he doesn't dare give voice to that, lest he truly invoke his mother's ire upon him. stone circle was special to their family, in this he wouldn't disagree with her but cannot help but think with head and not the heart, that the living ...the pack should come first.

instead, newt offers her an apologetic lick under her chin, as a son and subordinate. newt, in his concern for his mother's health, cannot help the rumble of disagreement ( and disapproval? ) that begins in his chest and winds its way up his throat. she was wasting away so her kids — sons, at least for he isn't sure how big leta has or would grow — could become colossal like their father? i get that, mama, but what do you expect easthollow to do if you waste away? he supposes someone could replace her ( as hard as such a thing was to think about ) but that wasn't the point he was trying to make.

asking me not to worry about you is like asking you not to worry about me. he replies with a soft smile. just let me worry about you a little bit, mama. because it was impossible for him not to care.
━─┄ these jaws of brevity
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

Messages In This Thread
i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 10, 2019, 04:43 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 10, 2019, 07:36 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 11, 2019, 04:37 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 11, 2019, 07:32 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 12, 2019, 04:36 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 12, 2019, 03:23 PM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 13, 2019, 04:36 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 13, 2019, 10:11 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 14, 2019, 05:41 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 16, 2019, 10:30 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 17, 2019, 04:12 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 17, 2019, 02:24 PM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - December 21, 2019, 07:42 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - December 22, 2019, 04:35 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - January 04, 2020, 06:15 AM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by RIP Valette - January 04, 2020, 03:36 PM
RE: i had been lost to you, sunlight - by Nanoq - January 18, 2020, 05:05 PM