Greatwater Lake I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
always in this twilight
315 Posts
Ooc — Jem
aa i haven't had time to start that yet but im so excited to!

'are you not?'

her breath hitches, a glitch in the matrix as ears sweep low and she finds herself utterly nonplussed. fingers trail down her spine at the soft touch of his enquiry, yet egged on by his uttering they dig deep and cruel into any cracks they may come across and tug with enough force to tempt forth a gasp; stilled only by the remnants of an iron will before reaching the frigid air. tenebrous gaze catches hold of his starkly luminescent orbs, trepidation stroking the curves of her tensed figure; he really saw her didn't he? and yet he didn't appear repulsed in the slightest. it terrified her.

feathered ivory continued to dance throughout the air about the two and she cannot help but briefly marvel at how ethereal it appeared in its fleeting, transient moment of life from sky to earth before it was as trapped and damned as the rest of them. she gets it now, there was no chill to the water that roved restlessly about her limbs; it was in fact, welcomed in the numbness to crawl slowly through burning veins. yet must that mean he too suffered, and she did not just mean the wounds to scatter his body. "rosencrantz...she breathes, suddenly desperate to break the pressing silence. 

she wishes to speak, truly express the uncertainties and doubts that plagued her waking moments. the inability to sort what had awakened within her, the simple truth that was she was incapable of handling these new emotions to the point that they slowly poisoned her. yet there was no way to express that without sounding completely out of her mind, and that would not do because despite it all; she was in complete control of her brain, in fact it was all she could rely on. all she ever had. so; "i truly don't know sometimes but for the moment that's okay..we all got our shit right?a weak chuckle slips forth, haggard yet something akin to fondness usually reserved only for the raven above flickers briefly across ashen features. "....but, thank you, reallybecause no one had ever truly asked was she okay before.

inwardly shaking herself, she focuses back on the increasingly curious circling of her friend; soft smile playing daintily along blackened lips. "yea we kind of just..found each other and through a shared sense of cynical humour, we grew attached i guessa steadying inhale of the crisp air as ears lift to tilt towards the warrior at his snigger. a brow arches, smirk growing bolder. "i hope your mocking tone isn't trying to suggest i would lieinstinctively leaning closer whilst eyes glint with mischief "because i never liesmoothly whispered before leaning back once more to hear what else he had to say. 

brows furrow slightly as she listens, only to capture that flickering smile once more with the finishing words. what a charmer. coy smiles dances forth across seraphic features as eyes are rolled good-naturedly. "well it must've been quite the horrid experience if meeting me had to be the highlight of ityet eyes cannot help roaming his state with lingering concern.  "sounded quite eventful though...she muses, leaving it open for him to delve deeper into what happened if he so wished without directly pressing on it. already so close, her willowy frame tilting forward to get a better look at the scabbing wounds brings the proximity to the point of her warm breath stirring what fair hairs of his chest weren't completely slicked to his muscle. swallowing hastily; she pulls back, meeting his gaze wholly for a few long moments before murmuring "well after all your efforts i would hate for you to catch your death in this freezing lake nowbefore turning with a quick swing of her hips to slip back towards the bank with a panther-like gait.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door - by Tundra - December 28, 2019, 09:58 PM