Wheeling Gull Isle maybe i should start at the end
42 Posts
Ooc — Nukilik
She's swimming in her own head for a little bit after that. Thoughts of home, of the parents she has left behind - of not getting to say farewell to her mother now that she was so far away - have overwhelmed her. Pairing that with the trauma of being bludgeoned by the sea and tossed like refuse across a beach, well... Nukilik has had much better days. The flood of emotion doesn't ebb away very quickly, although her vision clears. She hears Hua's worried tone through all of it and uses it to anchor herself in the present rather than letting herself drown too long in memory.

The girl mentions medicine, or at least finding someone who can help, and she lifts her chin enough to shake her head. No, I'll be... I'll be fine. I just need to rest. I can find something in the morning, maybe. Perhaps she had more skills than just hunting. Echo Bay was not a small place but there weren't many wolves to her family; they had to work outside of their comfort zones for mere survival, which meant everyone had little bits of secret knowledge. Nukilik was fortunate enough to know what bounties could be found along the seaside - beyond food.

While she does not mention this outright, she does trace a thin smile across her face and look upon Hua with thanks. Her eyes look tired; she can barely keep them open. 
Don't worry, please, Hua. All will be well.
Messages In This Thread
maybe i should start at the end - by Nukilik - February 11, 2020, 05:20 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Huā - February 11, 2020, 05:50 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Nukilik - February 11, 2020, 06:06 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Huā - February 11, 2020, 08:41 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Nukilik - February 11, 2020, 09:00 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Huā - February 11, 2020, 09:15 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Nukilik - February 12, 2020, 12:39 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Huā - February 12, 2020, 12:51 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Nukilik - February 12, 2020, 01:02 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Huā - February 12, 2020, 01:59 PM
RE: maybe i should start at the end - by Nukilik - February 12, 2020, 02:11 PM