Sleepy Fox Hollow If you rearrange the letters of Peru, you could spell Europe
88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
An uncharacteristic rage rose up within him as Padma told her story—rage and shame. He hadn't been there for her. He could have protected her (or so he told himself). He blamed himself, and he blamed the bastard; if he ever ran into the perpetrator, Timberlake wasn't sure if he could hold himself back.

I'm so sorry I wasn't there, he growled, hot tears pricking at the corner of his eyes as he stared down at his sister. I—you—I'm— He swallowed, at a total loss for words for a few heartbeats. I'm sorry, Padma. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

She asked him the question he expected, and like Padma, he hummed in brief contemplation. I went with Eventide to Round Valley—where our extended family lives, he added, by way of explanation. She wouldn't know that, would she? Yet now Round Valley was more a home than anything else could be. Dad's sister, Sunspot. . .she kinda runs the place. Lots of our cousins are there. . .

Yearning filled his face quite suddenly, and Timberlake felt his breath catch. Come back with me, Padma, he pleaded. It's so good there. Everyone will be so happy to have you. It's beautiful and safe. . .and I'll be there. Come back with me.

When the siblings parted, things had been left undecided. Would she choose this new life, or would she choose family?