Big Salmon Lake Etched in the snow as it is in my soul
34 Posts
Ooc — Aislin
All Welcome 
Pack wolves also welcome. 

Time of day; Mid-morning
Weather; Snowing, thirty-two degrees.
Facing south at the north end of the lake, where the river splits and connects to it.

Romus had been traveling as far west as he possibly could until his feet refused to carry him further. Between the snow, the changing terrain, and what he left behind, Romus was tired. Tired of running, and tired of being a coward. Romus hated himself for the events that caused him to be here, and he would carry that to his grave. His family, his pack, all relied on him to do what was right. When the time came for it, Romus chose to run much like everyone else had. Romus couldn't bring himself to cut off the food supply to his family due to a food and water shortage. He was too kind-hearted for that. Instead, he abandoned everything, even his duty, for the sake of surviving and being part of a cause he believed in. 

Every step he took to get to this lake was one much harder to make. Though Romus was unmated at the time, and had no pups, there were those that he considered very important to him. Most understood his reasons for leaving, but that still didn't make it any easier to leave. Warriors of his kind would stay in the most hostile situations to the death if they believed that anything could come of it, but that was the problem. Romus believed that their home would never be stable, survivable, unless they moved to a different location and followed the prey herds. Of course, Romus's closest friend who was the alpha, didn't want to leave the strategic position the pack lived in. In the end, it cost him his life, and his pack. 

Romus sat in the snow conflicted, angry, and lost. All of his life, Romus was taught to never abandon your leader for any reason, and yet here he was. Sitting in the snow, watching the river babble before him with ice cresting the edges. The lake itself was still and motionless, calm, and peaceful. Even with the ice covering its surface, the lake waited for the day that it could be liquid again, showcasing the life it supported and provided. Copper and black highlighted tail wrapped around cold toes as Kane wondered in his mind on what to do now. Forget his history and change his name? 

Yes - to change his name and become someone new. Romus would do just that. 

From now on, Romus would be known as Kane. Kane Ardelean.
Pursuing MercenaryScout Masteries
"Speaking." | -"Singing & shouting."- | Thoughts.
>>Player Policies & Pawprints<<
Messages In This Thread
Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Kane Ardelean - April 06, 2020, 11:09 AM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 06, 2020, 01:06 PM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 06, 2020, 04:53 PM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 06, 2020, 07:54 PM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 08, 2020, 08:26 AM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 09, 2020, 11:30 AM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 11, 2020, 05:35 PM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 19, 2020, 09:03 AM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 24, 2020, 01:01 PM
RE: Etched in the snow as it is in my soul - by Hydra - April 29, 2020, 01:58 PM