Moonspear Fuck you if you love a car for its paint job
99 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There was a split second during which she was borderline regretful over having asked, as he dove into a full explanation; Yama was not against words but, having secluded herself for so long, she was notably overwhelmed by the constant flow of his voice. But she followed along as best she could, nodding when it seemed appropriate, although, in the end, she didn’t fully understand the appeal. That is was a necessity, she understood, but for someone to seem happy and willing to partake in it…? It left her baffled—but to match her confusion was a subtle interest, a sliver of doubt in herself. Perhaps she found herself disinterested in the task simply because she’d never done it before, and therefore had no experience to relate his words with. “Maybe we could patrol and hunt?” she suggested, attempting to display at least a bit of interest in it—clearly, she would never match his own but… whatever she had to do to readjust. “I want to see what it’s like for myself,” she added, genuinely curious—or rather, she sought an experience to link with his explanation, to see if she might perhaps enjoy it, too.

More words came and Yama, once more, tried her best to follow along; she offered a small smile here and there, appreciative of his words, despite how many there were—it was a drastic change from the silence she’d grown so accustomed to, after all, but she wanted to learn to enjoy it. To partake in a conversation as well as he was able, and to do so with as much ease. But, for now, she would settle for baby steps.

“I think I will always like time to myself,” she admitted. “It… is what I’ve gotten used to. But I don’t want that all of the time.” Not anymore. And when he offered help, she faltered—her recovery was quick and the slight stumble hardly noticeable. “I think—” a pause, as she pondered what to say. “—I think your company is help enough, if you don’t mind mine.” Interaction was all she truly needed, someone to observe and learn from. If she could have that, maybe everything else would come easier. Maybe she could even someday be as outgoing as her brother, as quick to answer questions and offer help—maybe, someday.
Messages In This Thread
Fuck you if you love a car for its paint job - by Yama - April 27, 2020, 11:30 PM
RE: Fuck you if you love a car for its paint job - by Yama - May 30, 2020, 10:36 PM