Sleepy Fox Hollow As fast as you can be, you'll never catch me
on the edge of the devil's backbone
16 Posts
Ooc — marzanna
a soft grunt of returning sentiment was all that joaquin offers lokie; knowing that he should indulge in pleasantries but not really in the mood for it at the moment. so much for romeo. joaquin watches as the other male — lokie, he reminds himself — draws nearer inquiring about a wolf named connor and whether he knew anyone by that name. without prompt lokie launches into an explanation of their relationship, inquiring then about a pack on some place called wheeling gull isle — the name nearly inspires some strange cross between a giggle and a snort which joaquin is quick to stifle.

it sounds as if it's all in one breath; rapid fire questioning that leaves the st. clair trying to organize and address them as appropriately as he can. being so new to these wilds leaves him at a distinct disadvantage he quickly realizes and dislikes. i've never heard of a place called wheeling gull isle nor anyone by the name of connor, he breaks the news, perhaps not as gently as he could have. my apologizes. he does offer with a small, regretful dip of his head. as for the 'water' lokie mentions — joaquin assumes he means the sea — the st. clair really has nothing to offer having no actual opinion on it himself.
when you take the king's shilling
the king expects you to kill —
Messages In This Thread
RE: As fast as you can be, you'll never catch me - by Joaquin - May 24, 2020, 06:20 AM