Blacktail Deer Plateau Can I tell you something just between you and me?
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg
His morning had started so wonderfully, woken gently by Speedy with the sun cascading throughout the den and a calm breeze moving about. But, before he even had time to voice his content the feeling was whisked away by the very woman who had awoken him. She assumed correct when she thought he did not want to venture past the territory boundaries. And he was vocal about it too, asking her several times before they had even reached the border if she was sure she had to go out. And then he mentioned seeking out Connor to come with them, Hieronymous or Howl. Really! Anyone would do! Even sweet little Inna. But sadly she laughed off his complaints. Claiming that he was over reacting. Which admittedly he was... but STILL.

As they ventured further north, his grumbling fell away. Instead he focused his energy on surveying their surroundings and searching for any sign of another predator or other environmental danger. He made sure there were no stones that Speedy could trip on, and no puddles that she could drown in, and no tree branches that could give her a concussion. That wasn't over reacting right.... No of course not.

Emrik begrudgingly felt his lips curl at her excitement, as she nattered on about this plant and that plant. What plants she wanted to pick up today, and which plants she didn't need today but would need in the future. Borage leaves. She said, and of course he had no idea what she was talking about. For the length of time he had known Speedy (their whole lives) he had never absorbed any of the knowledge she tried to give him. Not an inkling of medical knowledge made any lick of sense to him. He could only hope their children would take more after her.

"Of course." Emrik was quick to gently pickup the leaves the indicated for him to carry. With the foliage obscuring his tongue, and there by making him mute. Emrik gave her a look as if to say, carry on, as he followed her prancing through the forest. Still as keen to their surroundings as ever.

Common

"Well, we'll just have to get to know each other a little better."

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
Messages In This Thread
RE: Can I tell you something just between you and me? - by Emrik - May 24, 2020, 12:53 AM