Stone Circle Branches were sewn by the color of green
116 Posts
Ooc — Jess
She felt her lips twitch when he drew attention to the distance and she felt a bit of dread seep into her heart. What if he invited her to go see them? She'd have to...She knew some day, she would have to go near them, perhaps even stand amongst them, so as to not insult the packmates who had taken her in, rather than leaving her to die. But she felt it was too soon, and the night too dark...And so she simply laughed- a cold, brittle sound that disappeared like a puff of warm breath on cold air. She froze, though, when he mentioned not having loved ones buried there. She turned her head to look at him- but found her gaze being drawn back to the stone circle. He implied, then, that there actually were wolves buried there. Dead bodies, buried within a stone circle? The fur along the nape of her neck prickled slightly, against her will. She simply nodded in acknowledgement, but continued to fret about the fact that there were dead bodies amongst the stones.

There was a change in subject, and she found it much easier to talk about nightmares, rather than the circle of stones, even though normally, she wouldn't have brought up such a thing, especially with a stranger. Nightmares on their own hinted at some sort of madness or illness, as something within her brain, mind and heart were not quite settled and set her subconscious against her. Regardless; "I was- I had a bad dream," She said softly. Company of stones? Hardly. "I was going to the stream, to get something to drink," She said, gesturing with a small motion of her muzzle; a quiet invitation for him to join her, and a reason to get away from the haunting stone circle.
Messages In This Thread
Branches were sewn by the color of green - by Oryx - May 23, 2020, 09:40 PM
RE: Branches were sewn by the color of green - by Oryx - May 24, 2020, 12:04 PM
RE: Branches were sewn by the color of green - by Oryx - June 30, 2020, 12:52 PM