Stone Circle If I could save time in a bottle
116 Posts
Ooc — Jess
All Welcome 
A murky grey veil of clouds cast a smarmy drizzle of rain across the plains, their heavy, dark, billowing undersides threatening to release a shower or a downpour that never came. At least, not in the plains. What they got was no more than a misting at best, and while it wouldn't serve to aid the plants in the area blossom and turn green, it did make the grasslands look very pretty. From a distance, Oryx could see exactly where her packmates had passed through the grasslands- as they left a dark trail through the grasses, brushing the silvery droplets from the tall, yellowish blades. It would be easier to track prey, given she could simply scent something out and then follow the path it left behind, at least until the mist gathered on the grass again, but she decided instead that she would search for herbs. 

The damp ground would make it easier for her to unearth herbs with useful roots. Dry earth would clump and clamp onto the roots, causing them to tear when she dug at them so she found it easiest to do her digging in the rain. Her first impulse was simply to wander and look for anything that caught her eye- but instead, she sought out something that she knew would be helpful; valerian. She could stash it away...Though she knew full well that it might be helpful for her to take some herself- to help her sleep, and to quiet the nightmares that transcended the bridge between sleep and wakefulness to haunt her even during her daytime hours. If she could quiet her anxiety...Perhaps she might have a better chance at fitting in. 

When she found a good patch of valerian, it had begun to flower. The tall stalks held up large heads of tiny flowers that were faint purple in colour. She sniffed it, making sure it was not a lookalike- as those could be lethal in some cases- and once she was certain she'd found the right patch, she began to dig, gently, so she could harvest the plant by the roots.
Messages In This Thread
If I could save time in a bottle - by Oryx - June 07, 2020, 10:28 PM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Arlette - June 10, 2020, 05:04 AM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Oryx - June 14, 2020, 02:54 PM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Arlette - June 17, 2020, 05:00 AM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Oryx - June 17, 2020, 02:49 PM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Arlette - June 25, 2020, 02:55 PM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Oryx - July 03, 2020, 09:52 PM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Arlette - July 05, 2020, 05:55 AM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Oryx - July 21, 2020, 07:59 PM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Arlette - July 24, 2020, 06:53 AM
RE: If I could save time in a bottle - by Oryx - August 05, 2020, 11:06 AM