Phoenix Maplewood there is a girl in the lobby of a cheap hotel
174 Posts
Ooc — Jay
As she finishes Polaris is quick to change in demeanor, pulling back with her head lifted high as she passionately rebuted the confession. Lainie stared back looking a little startled by the sudden outburst her ears sliding backwards gradually the more her sister poured out. It was fitting of her memory of childhood, Polaris was always great at seeing the good in people especially when it came to their mess of a family. It was funny to be mad at the world...Lainie had always seen it as her own fault...that she'd wandered off impulsively to explore knowing it was wrong and dangerous. It was hard to find a way to agree with anything Polaris saw. She wanted to protest that it was Valette and Abaddon who had saved her from starvation and death not her own survival...the saving grace was the fact that they were pack animals as Polaris said...she figured it was only normal she'd have needed help eventually anyway. Lowering her gaze she breathed in and then out slowly, a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes but was almost there breaking the sadness as she looked back up once the impassioned speech calmed down. "maybe that's why he never tried stopping me and Zephyr from leaving, he knew we wouldn't be happy" her voice grew tight again and cleared her throat brightening somewhat at the mention of their little brother though the  "It's not too late even if he isn't here to see it. Mending is still needed...you and me have catching up to do. Zephyr and I...we need to talk without him trying to attack or chase me off. I want to know why he hates me so...I can fix that. For Papa but...for us too. I don't want to be alone anymore" she searched her sister's eyes wondering how lonely she had been.
 "What is Alsek like?" she asked softly to change the subject to their newest sibling and looked around trying not to appear too excited though she hoped to see him hiding somewhere if she looked hard enough.
Messages In This Thread
RE: there is a girl in the lobby of a cheap hotel - by Lainie - July 13, 2020, 08:08 PM