Cricket Creek Bog noms away
25 Posts
Ooc — Nic
Away
Their conversation had taken a steep turn like a car from the main road onto a dark, quiet one where the mysteries of lupine philosophy lived among deep green conifers and shaded carpets of fern. If Whimsy and Toad were both the passengers, who was driving? Maybe the universe itself sat at the wheel, taking the wolves to their destinations without a word or even a glance in the rearview mirror.

What did it mean to be a wolf? What was a wolf's life without a pack? Was pack life a mere social construct passed down through the ages, or was it something much deeper? These were all questions that Whimsy's brain had tasted many times but never quite figured out the flavors behind them. 

Toad's answer made enough sense, but Whim had to let the question that followed marinate for a few moments before replying. Her eyes squinched as she went into 'thinking cap' mode. Finally, she answered after having mulled it over to satisfaction, "Oh, that makes sense. I guess everyone is different. I don't feel lonely since the whole Earth keeps me company. She's the ultimate bestie." When Whim used the word 'Earth' she didn't understand that it was a giant globe floating in space. To her, Earth just meant the world in which she existed- nature, animals, everything from the ground beneath her feet to the untouchable sky above, and the unseen spirits that inhabited every square inch of these places.
In a weird sense, she wasn't that far off from a flat-earther... she never would have guessed in a million years that the earth was a 3D circle and not a [mostly] flat land that went on forever and ever.

"But to answer your question, I have no clue. I guess I'll get back to you on that one when I'm old and in my death den. I'll probably be a lot better prepared to know such wisdom." She giggled as she imagined an ancient, decrepit version of herself hobbling around spouting out wise adages to any ole' passerby.
character at a glance
 roaming western side of Tuktu Hinterlands as of 6/8/20.
underweight/weak from extensive travel and lack of food.
Messages In This Thread
noms away - by Whimsy - June 28, 2020, 02:17 PM
RE: noms away - by RIP Toad Amelia - July 02, 2020, 12:21 AM
RE: noms away - by Whimsy - July 03, 2020, 10:06 AM
RE: noms away - by RIP Toad Amelia - July 03, 2020, 08:28 PM
RE: noms away - by Whimsy - July 07, 2020, 05:47 PM
RE: noms away - by RIP Toad Amelia - July 08, 2020, 11:43 PM
RE: noms away - by Whimsy - July 19, 2020, 05:19 PM
RE: noms away - by RIP Toad Amelia - July 21, 2020, 12:00 AM
RE: noms away - by Whimsy - July 22, 2020, 10:00 AM
RE: noms away - by RIP Toad Amelia - July 22, 2020, 07:41 PM
RE: noms away - by Whimsy - July 29, 2020, 04:33 PM